- Register online here or at any branch. Read the digital materials, print it at home, or pick it up at the library.
- Track Reading. Record every book you read to your child in the online portal.
- Every Book Counts. Even if your child wants to hear the same book again and again, you can count it each time. You can count books your child hears in daycare, preschool, or with a friend or family member as long as the child hears the same book.
- 100 Book Milestones. Each time your read 100 books, come to the library to receive a special sticker.
- 1000 Book Milestone. You did it! Keep on reading together.
Singing songs, saying rhymes, telling stories, and playing with your child are all great ways to build literacy skills. Visit the Ouachita Parish Public Library often for free, fun, and educational programs for your little one and to find great books to share with your child.
One thousand books may seem like a lot, but if you read just one book a night, you’ll meet your goal in less than 3 years. If you read three books a night, you could reach your goal in just one year! Ask our friendly staff for suggestions – we’re here to help you on your journey to 1000 Books Before Kindergarten.
Read more about the program here.
Click here for the 1000 Books Before Kindergarten packet.